Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

GD Library

hello,

I have a DB table with records that have connection to one another. sort of like object a comes before b, and object c comes after c.

example- table1-

Id | pre | post

a..|..0..|..d..

d..|..a..|..g..

g..|..d..|..x..

g..|..b..|..x..

g..|..c..|..x..

……

……


I have all the connections in the DB, what I’m trying to do is to make some sort of way to show all the connections on the page, in a graphical and simple way.


the results should look something like this, but they don’t have to, as long as it’s clearly shown in any other form.


http://ping.fm/yfyZE


I got the suggestion on trying GD Library.

the main problem is not how to create the boxes with the words, it’s how to connect the boxes. GD has functions that draw lines..but I don’t see how I can automaticly make 2 boxes connect, and even if I can, still there are so many connections that ,the lines are gonna go on top or behind the boxes and I’m afraid it’s gonna look aweful and unclear.


has anyone who knows and worked with GD thinks it possible to do this using GD or I need to look for other options?

http://bit.ly/q6438o

No comments:

Post a Comment